A Brass hanging gasolier converted to electricity with 4 matching wall lights
The hanging gasolier in the form of five Hippo-camp with lights rising from the backs of the horse elements,
each of the four matching wall lights a Hippo-camp with a circular brass back plate with acanthus decoration.
English Circa 1890
A large and statuesque Hippo-camp can be found Surmounting the entrance to Glasgow Fish Market, architects William Clarke and George Bell, 1873 slightly earlier than the gasolier but an indication of the popularity of this form of decoration at this time.